Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Biological Science Teacher, Postsecondary is $50,250
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Biological Science Teacher, Postsecondaries?
An entry-level Biological Science Teacher, Postsecondary with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $48,696 based on 5 salaries. An early career Biological Science Teacher, Postsecondary with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total …Read more
What Do Biological Science Teacher, Postsecondaries Do?
A postsecondary biological science teacher can be required to teach various biology and science classes at a college or university. Also known as a professor of biology, the postsecondary biological science teacher is tasked with coordinating a lesson plan for students, giving them the necessary instruction, and testing them on their knowledge. The science teacher will write class syllabi, construct and prepare experiments, guide students who are conducting these experiments, give lectures, …Read more
- Maintain accurate class and other records required by the college.
- Provide instruction for assigned courses including preparation for in-class or online activities, evaluation of students' work, and more.
- Maintain office hours each week, at .5 hours per week per section.
- Follow course outlines as filed in the instruction offices.
- Submit, when due, attendance rosters and grade reports.