Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Biomedical Scientist is $84,497
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Biomedical Scientists?
An entry-level Biomedical Scientist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $80,000 based on 9 salaries. An early career Biomedical Scientist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $79,992 based on 16 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Biomedical Scientists Do?
Biomedical scientists work in laboratories where they perform various scientific experiments. They are often the ones who design the experiments, but sometimes perform experiments designed by the head of the lab, also known as the "primary investigator."
A bachelor's degree in biology or a biomedical field is generally required for this position, as well as some experience working in a basic science lab, either in college or the field. They must be familiar with all basic laboratory …Read more
- Examine, analyze, and identify abnormalities and diseases by analyzing bodily fluids, cell composition, and body tissue.
- Prepare analyses and briefings of research results.
- Analyze current events to prioritize and validate data related to relevant topics.
- Communicate test results to medical staff who diagnose and treat patients' illnesses.
- Monitor the effects of medication and patient progress with further testing.