The average hourly pay for a Building Superintendent in East Orange, New Jersey is $13.02.
Is Building Superintendent your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$0 - $13
$26,510 - $36,640
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Building Superintendent
Building superintendents oversee day-to-day operations for their building, handling aspects such as maintenance, electricity, and plumbing. They are responsible for delegating responsibilities to subordinates and overseeing quality control in areas such as production and maintenance. Building superintendents must ensure reports and work schedules are processed in a timely manner. They are also responsible for ordering maintenance supplies, supervising work-order requests, and handling employee i…Read more
Building Superintendent Tasks
- Keep the building in a clean and orderly condition by examining the building on a regular basis for needed repairs, maintenance, and cleanliness.
- Supervise maintenance staff and outside contractors.
- Supervise maintenance of landscaping and upkeep of grounds equipment.
- Perform or arrange for general building and fixture repairs.
- Supervise all general building maintenance.
Building Superintendent Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Building Superintendent in their job title in Boston, Massachusetts earn an average of 110.3% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in New York, New York (74.3% more) and Bridgeport, Connecticut (45.9% more).
Related Job Salaries
$28k - $55k
$48k - $111k
$41k - $102k
$33k - $68k
$53k - $98k
$51k - $97k
$38k - $77k
$55k - $125k
$50k - $98k
$48k - $113k