The average salary for a Cartographer in St. Louis, Missouri is $108,090.
Is Cartographer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$0 - $108k
$0 - $2k
$0 - $110k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Cartographer
While the old definition of the position of cartographer as a mapmaker still holds true, many of the routine aspects of this job have changed greatly with the advent of GPS technology. While a variety of employers may utilize the services of a cartographer, most commonly this employee can be found in businesses that work with logistics and require modern and up-to-date geospatial graphical representation for field employees working in surface, water, or air operations. The cartographer still hel…Read more
- Collect, document, and analyze geospatial data, photographs, historical maps, and text documentation.
- Define quality standards and annotation to indicate quality of data used in map creation.
- Build and maintain geographical information databases.
- Create, maintain, and update visual representations of cartographic data.
- Create representations of specified terrain or areas by integrating collected data at a specified scale.
Cartographer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Employees with .NET Software Developer / Programmer in these locations earn less than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Silver Spring, Maryland (52.5% less) and Washington, District of Columbia (30.6% less).
Related Job Salaries
$32k - $63k
$53k - $98k
$60k - $124k
$44k - $85k
$44k - $100k
$40k - $75k
$33k - $58k
$65k - $134k
$51k - $96k
$48k - $155k