The average salary for a Cartographer in Washington, District of Columbia is $75,000.
Is Cartographer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$52k - $88k
$52k - $88k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Cartographer
While the old definition of the position of cartographer as a mapmaker still holds true, many of the routine aspects of this job have changed greatly with the advent of GPS technology. While a variety of employers may utilize the services of a cartographer, most commonly this employee can be found in businesses that work with logistics and require modern and up-to-date geospatial graphical representation for field employees working in surface, water, or air operations. The cartographer still hel…Read more
- Collect, document, and analyze geospatial data, photographs, historical maps, and text documentation.
- Define quality standards and annotation to indicate quality of data used in map creation.
- Build and maintain geographical information databases.
- Create, maintain, and update visual representations of cartographic data.
- Create representations of specified terrain or areas by integrating collected data at a specified scale.
Popular Employer Salaries for Cartographer
Cartographer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Cartographer
Skills in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Python.
Employees with Cartographer in their job title in St. Louis, Missouri earn an average of 44.1% more than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Silver Spring, Maryland (31.5% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 12 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$32k - $63k
$53k - $98k
$60k - $124k
$44k - $85k
$44k - $100k
$40k - $75k
$33k - $58k
$65k - $134k
$51k - $96k
$48k - $155k