Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Charge Nurse (LPN) is $22.87
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Charge Nurse (LPN)s?
An entry-level Charge Nurse (LPN) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $19.83 based on 17 salaries. An early career Charge Nurse (LPN) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $21.97 based on 155 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Charge Nurse (LPN)s Do?
A charge nurse supervises other nurses and implements nursing care recommended by physicians and residents. They must be able to effectively document these activities and ensure their day-to-day actions meet federal, state, and local guidelines. Charge nurses are in charge of admitting, transferring, and discharging patients. They also train and help develop staff.
Charge nurses enforce safety and loss-prevention measures, manage time and patient care, and practice infection-control policies …Read more
- Interview patients to determine problems and medical condition.
- Ensure equipment and rooms are sterilized.
- Administer medicine, observe patient, and report any adverse reaction to the medication.
- Assist physician with examination and complete any follow-ups or lab requests.
- Document patients' status in chart for the physician.