Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Civil Engineering Intern is $18.00
What Do Civil Engineering Interns Do?
A civil engineering intern is normally a university student working in an engineering firm to gain practical experience. Civil engineering as a specialty typically involves the creation of structures, buildings, and public works projects such as bridges, roadways and thoroughfares. An intern in this field normally assists engineers with these projects, gaining practical experience and knowledge that can help with their education and prepare them to enter the job market. Many engineering firms …Read more
- Assist in entering, cleaning, updating, and maintaining data and associated databases.
- Draft designs according to specifications.
- Maintain and update records about suppliers, materials, customers, and others.
- Produce calculations and make suggestions to improve designs.
- Review and comment upon designs, materials, and other documentation.