Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Clinical Data Manager is $67,500
What Do Clinical Data Managers Do?
Clinical data managers are responsible for managing and collecting data from clinical trials, research studies that evaluate the effectiveness and safety of certain medications using a large group of human participants. As clinical trials can be performed by a variety of organizations, clinical data managers have a wide range of prospective employers; they could be hired to manage studies for governmental agencies, pharmaceutical companies, universities, or independent researchers, among …Read more
- Support clinical trial studies from preparation through closeout including regulatory submissions by standardizing data management.
- Ensure documentation and management of clinical study data is in accordance with regulations.
- Develop and implement the data correction process, discrepancy resolution, data control activities, and data validation plans.
- Build and maintain data standards for clinical trials.
- Assist with study start up including protocol review, case report form design, database design, dataset specifications, data transfer specifications, and review of data management and handling plans.