The average salary for an Entry-Level Clinical Data Manager is $49,684.
Is Clinical Data Manager your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$39k - $71k
$509 - $6k
$0 - $3k
$34k - $73k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Clinical Data Manager
Clinical data managers are responsible for managing and collecting data from clinical trials, research studies that evaluate the effectiveness and safety of certain medications using a large group of human participants. As clinical trials can be performed by a variety of organizations, clinical data managers have a wide range of prospective employers; they could be hired to manage studies for governmental agencies, pharmaceutical companies, universities, or independent researchers, among others.…Read more
Clinical Data Manager Tasks
- Support clinical trial studies from preparation through closeout including regulatory submissions by standardizing data management.
- Ensure documentation and management of clinical study data is in accordance with regulations.
- Develop and implement the data correction process, discrepancy resolution, data control activities, and data validation plans.
- Build and maintain data standards for clinical trials.
- Assist with study start up including protocol review, case report form design, database design, dataset specifications, data transfer specifications, and review of data management and handling plans.
Clinical Data Manager Job Listings
Popular Skills for Clinical Data Manager
Clinical Data Management
Skills in Clinical Data Management are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Data Analysis and Data Management.
Pay by Experience Level for Clinical Data Manager
An early career Clinical Data Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $64,908 based on 205 salaries. A mid-career Clinical Data Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $83,536 based on 160 salaries. An experienced Clinical Data Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $87,934 based on 111 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $100,308.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 505 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$28k - $55k
$48k - $111k
$42k - $83k
$52k - $98k
$41k - $102k
$32k - $67k
$51k - $96k
$45k - $80k
$37k - $77k
$54k - $124k