The average salary for a Clinical Data Manager at Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD), Inc is $99,820.
Is Clinical Data Manager your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$86k - $108k
$63k - $108k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Clinical Data Manager
Clinical data managers are responsible for managing and collecting data from clinical trials, research studies that evaluate the effectiveness and safety of certain medications using a large group of human participants. As clinical trials can be performed by a variety of organizations, clinical data managers have a wide range of prospective employers; they could be hired to manage studies for governmental agencies, pharmaceutical companies, universities, or independent researchers, among others.…Read more
Clinical Data Manager Tasks
- Support clinical trial studies from preparation through closeout including regulatory submissions by standardizing data management.
- Ensure documentation and management of clinical study data is in accordance with regulations.
- Develop and implement the data correction process, discrepancy resolution, data control activities, and data validation plans.
- Build and maintain data standards for clinical trials.
- Assist with study start up including protocol review, case report form design, database design, dataset specifications, data transfer specifications, and review of data management and handling plans.
Popular Employer Salaries for Clinical Data Manager
The top respondents for the job title Clinical Data Manager are from the companies Gilead Sciences, Inc., Quintiles, Inc. and The EMMES Corporation. Reported salaries are highest at Gilead Sciences, Inc. where the average pay is $92,287. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include PRA International, earning around $90,000. The EMMES Corporation pays the lowest at around $48,365. Quintiles, Inc. also pays on the lower end of the scale, paying $71,875.
Explore the most common career paths for Clinical Data Manager. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Clinical Data Manager
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Clinical Data Manager Job Listings
Popular Skills for Clinical Data Manager
Clinical Data Management
Pay by Experience Level for Clinical Data Manager
A mid-career Clinical Data Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $97,436 based on 5 salaries. An experienced Clinical Data Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $86,020 based on 5 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 10 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$28k - $55k
$48k - $111k
$42k - $83k
$53k - $98k
$41k - $102k
$32k - $67k
$51k - $96k
$45k - $80k
$37k - $77k
$55k - $125k