Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Commodity Manager is $73,180 in 2024
What Do Commodity Managers Do?
The commodity manager is typically responsible for overseeing the purchasing and logistics staff. Their main objective is to ensure all departmental employees are providing high quality work and meeting all company standards. They also ensure that all purchasing requests are completed in an efficient manner, lead cost reduction initiatives, and oversee inventory management and material budgets. The commodity manager is also responsible for establishing approval guidelines for all purchase …Read more
- Develop and implement strategies to create an efficient supply chain and reduce commodity purchase costs.
- Work to minimize supplier risk by establishing strategies for risk evaluation.
- Research potential vendors and compare their products, prices, and services.
- Negotiate contracts with commodity suppliers and set up terms for prices and delivery.
- Conduct analyses of market conditions and trends and use this information to predict future supply needs.
FAQs About Commodity Managers
What is the highest pay for Commodity Managers in Milwaukee?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Commodity Manager in Milwaukee is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Commodity Managers in Milwaukee?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Commodity Manager in Milwaukee is $NaN / year
How can Commodity Managers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Commodity Manager is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Commodity Manager that oversees more junior Commodity Managers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.