Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Computed Tomography (CT) Technologist is $33.46
What Do Computed Tomography (CT) Technologists Do?
A computed tomography (CT) technologist is a medical-imaging specialist who is responsible for running the equipment necessary to obtain images of clients needed by medical professionals providing care. CT technologists are directed by medical professionals to take an image of particular area of the patient.
After meeting the patient - in which the technologist must have a friendly demeanor that assuages any potential patient fears - the CT technologist explains the basics of the test to the …Read more
- Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan.
- Calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot radiologic equipment.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Perform an array of computerized tomographic scanner processes.
- Operate CT scanner to provide cross-sectional images and data for medical treatment and diagnosis.