What Do Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) Operators Do?
Computer aided design and drafting (CADD) operators use computer software to create designs for projects, developing drafts that meet project requirements and client needs. They are also responsible for modifying existing designs and suggesting changes as needed. CADD operators also need to be able to communicate technical ideas to non-technical staff, as well as design and prepare plans using computer-aided design (CAD) software. In addition, they use their knowledge of building techniques to a…Read more
- Operate auto graphics equipment.
- Operate plotter to transfer developed drawings from disk or tape storage.
- Redesign, modify or otherwise edit existing design.
- Make mathematical calculations and quantity calculations.
- Prepare elementary layouts, drawings and design from detailed sketches and drawings.