Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Operator is $14.52
What Do Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Operators Do?
CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) operators work in machinist positions in production facilities. CNC operators work with various shop machines to fabricate parts for assembly, usually from various metal compounds. They also set up their assigned machines for parts assembly runs, and then test the machines to ensure proper execution of the run. CNC operators also make adjustments as necessary to ensure the piece being fabricated or cut conforms to listed specifications. As each production …Read more
- Operate a jib crane to manipulate parts.
- Perform basic quality checks at the point of production using scales, micrometers, calipers and gages.
- Notify and involve the supervisor of any problems or issues that arise during production.
- Interpret sketches in order to provide a quality finished product.
- Operate and set up CNC machine.