Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Computer Programmer is $47,262
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Computer Programmers?
An early career Computer Programmer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $51,359 based on 127 salaries. A mid-career Computer Programmer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $69,175 based on 62 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Computer Programmers Do?
Computer programmers work in a wide range of industries, but generally in offices as salaried employees who code or write computer software and write, design, debug, troubleshoot, and maintain source code related to various computer programs. They also ensure that all source code is written in programming languages that can be understood by the computer so that programs can then be used by end-users. They may also customize computer programs which were purchased from vendors.
Computer …Read more
- Work with designers and content producers.
- Write, modify, and debug software for server applications.
- Write code to create multi-threaded, networked server applications.
- Use source debuggers, program dumps, and performance monitoring tools.
- Test and document software for server applications.