Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Computer Software Engineer is $78,501
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Computer Software Engineers?
An entry-level Computer Software Engineer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $72,518 based on 15 salaries. An early career Computer Software Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $77,794 based on 15 …Read more
What Do Computer Software Engineers Do?
Computer software engineers are responsible for creating and engineering effective software applications based on the project's requirements. They utilize their analytical skills to design programs, scripts, and other code to run efficiently in a variety of system environments. They work with other engineers and software specialists to complete deployments and software products in a timely manner. Additionally, computer software engineers strive to reduce memory consumption in the engineering …Read more
- Research, design and develop software for computer information systems.
- Collaborate with testing team to ensure quality product deliverable.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team consisting of customers, business analysts, finance, and software testing to analyze requirements and feasibility of the software design and development project.
- Maintain existing software programs within a computer information system.
- Maintain current knowledge of software technology and techniques.