Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Computer Software Engineer is $72,518 in 2023
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Computer Software Engineers?
An early career Computer Software Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $75,500 based on 27 salaries. A mid-career Computer Software Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $92,250 based on 9 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Computer Software Engineers Do?
Computer software engineers are responsible for creating and engineering effective software applications based on the project's requirements. They utilize their analytical skills to design programs, scripts, and other code to run efficiently in a variety of system environments. They work with other engineers and software specialists to complete deployments and software products in a timely manner. Additionally, computer software engineers strive to reduce memory consumption in the engineering …Read more
- Research, design and develop software for computer information systems.
- Collaborate with testing team to ensure quality product deliverable.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team consisting of customers, business analysts, finance, and software testing to analyze requirements and feasibility of the software design and development project.
- Maintain existing software programs within a computer information system.
- Maintain current knowledge of software technology and techniques.
FAQs About Computer Software Engineers
What is the highest pay for Computer Software Engineers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Computer Software Engineer is $97k / year
What is the lowest pay for Computer Software Engineers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Computer Software Engineer is $58k / year
How can Computer Software Engineers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Computer Software Engineer is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Computer Software Engineer that oversees more junior Computer Software Engineers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.