Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Computer Systems Analyst is $61,383
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Computer Systems Analysts?
An early career Computer Systems Analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $60,688 based on 10 salaries. A mid-career Computer Systems Analyst with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $61,176 based on 13 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Computer Systems Analysts Do?
Computer systems analysts use computers and related systems to automate functions and integrate them into distributing, manufacturing, sales, and other related functions. These analysts look at what a business unit or organization is attempting to do and then figure out how to use computer technology to streamline and automate those processes to achieve maximum accuracy and efficiency. Computer systems analysts must have a clear idea of what processes he or she is trying to automate. They break …Read more
- Monitor network and systems for performance, security, and other issues.
- Recommend, install, configure, maintain, and upgrade all computer and networking software and hardware for use in an office, department, or small company.
- Install, configure, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot file, email, and authentication servers, as well as Internet access and other networked services.
- Assist users with software, hardware, and connectivity issues.
- Translate requirements into new information technology project specifications.