The average hourly pay for a Construction Contractor with Cabinetry Installation skills is $21.50.
Construction Contractor by
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Construction Contractors Do?
Construction contractors, often referred to as "construction managers," are in charge of planning and maintaining a variety of construction projects involving commercial/residential buildings and even public works projects. They may also be responsible for obtaining building permits or licenses for these projects.
Many construction contractors are self-employed and available on short notice. The ability to travel is important, as moving from location to location is a big part of the job. The wo…Read more
Construction Contractor Tasks
- Plan and manage a construction project, providing labor, materials, and equipment and overseeing subcontractors.
- Make sure all government regulations are followed, proper permits are obtained, and required inspections carried out.
- Monitor project progress to ensure it stays on time and within budget.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and work with clients and architects to create project plans.
- Generate cost estimates for labor, materials, equipment, and permits necessary to complete a project.
Construction Contractor Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Construction Contractors?
Skills in Project Management, Contractor Management, Construction Estimating, Quality Assurance / Quality Control and Blueprints are correlated to pay that is above average.
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Construction Contractors?
An early career Construction Contractor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.72 based on 8 salaries. A mid-career Construction Contractor with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $17.00 based on 5 salaries. An experienced Construction Contractor with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $35.00 based on 17 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $35.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 35 survey responses.