Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Construction Inspector is $25.37
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Construction Inspectors?
An entry-level Construction Inspector with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $19.86 based on 66 salaries. An early career Construction Inspector with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $21.55 based on 498 salaries. …Read more
What Do Construction Inspectors Do?
Construction inspectors are responsible for overseeing safety, code requirements, and the overall construction process for their company. They routinely perform quality checks, suggest potential improvements, and grade site work and maintenance procedures. They review drainage, concrete, paving work, and safety rules; it is essential that construction inspectors are are able to read design plans and contract documents. Additionally, construction inspectors are in charge of construction …Read more
- Physically inspect construction projects and sites to ensure safe working conditions, correct materials, and eventual structural integrity.
- Work with teams to schedule utility outages, road blockages, and other site-specific safety measures.
- Examine, draw, and write reports and diagrams to demonstrate progress and plans, including those necessary for permits.
- Perform civil and structural tests on soil compaction, materials, paint thickness, etc.
- Examine plans and blueprints to identify errors in design and construction, then communicate those findings.