The average hourly pay for a Control Systems Engineer with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) / Automation skills in Detroit, Michigan is $25.00.
Is Control Systems Engineer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$0 - $25
$47,009 - $79,157
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Control Systems Engineer
Control system engineers are responsible for a number of tasks such as designing and analyzing control systems, verifying and implementing code, fixing malfunctions, explaining and providing information, and analyzing and researching designs. This job can take place either indoors or outdoors depending on the company. Many companies that deal with technology, such as vehicles and computers, may hae control system engineers. Control system engineers typically work with engineers and coworkers, …Read more
Control Systems Engineer Tasks
- Perform overall systems design and engineering tasks.
- Plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers.
- Monitor project controls within discipline.
- Test, maintain and monitor control systems design criteria.
Control Systems Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Control Systems Engineer
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills that pay less than market rate include Controls.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Control Systems Engineer in their job title in Houston, Texas earn an average of 85.8% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Cincinnati, Ohio (84.0% more) and Baton Rouge, Louisiana (74.0% more).
Related Job Salaries
$53k - $98k
$60k - $124k
$28k - $55k
$48k - $111k
$57k - $109k
$51k - $97k
$50k - $98k
$33k - $68k
$38k - $78k
$50k - $103k