The average salary for an Early-Career Control Systems Engineer with SolidWorks skills is $67,166.
Is Control Systems Engineer your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$64k - $73k
$65k - $77k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Control Systems Engineer
Control system engineers are responsible for a number of tasks such as designing and analyzing control systems, verifying and implementing code, fixing malfunctions, explaining and providing information, and analyzing and researching designs. This job can take place either indoors or outdoors depending on the company. Many companies that deal with technology, such as vehicles and computers, may hae control system engineers. Control system engineers typically work with engineers and coworkers, …Read more
Control Systems Engineer Tasks
- Perform overall systems design and engineering tasks.
- Plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers.
- Monitor project controls within discipline.
- Test, maintain and monitor control systems design criteria.
Explore the most common career paths for Control Systems Engineer. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Control Systems Engineer
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Control Systems Engineer Job Listings
Popular Skills for Control Systems Engineer
Skills in Controls, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) / Automation, Human-Machine Interface (HMI), Systems Engineering and Engineering Design are correlated to pay that is above average.
Related Job Salaries
$53k - $98k
$28k - $55k
$48k - $111k
$57k - $109k
$51k - $96k
$60k - $124k
$50k - $97k
$32k - $67k
$37k - $77k
$41k - $102k