The average salary for a Controls Engineer with Electronic Troubleshooting skills in Houston, Texas is $76,302.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Controls Engineers Do?
Controls engineers work with rapidly evolving technologies and control systems; they can be involved in a wide number of projects from space flight to power grids. Responsibilities for this job can include developing and executing regular engineering processes, documenting work performed, working with program design and testing, and troubleshooting.
Controls engineers must be able to understand and use policies and procedures that are related to the field. In many positions, the controls engin…Read more
Controls Engineer Tasks
- Plan and perform work requiring electronic and mechanical theories and principles, and writing specifications.
- Manage the design and installation of electrical equipment including electrical power distribution systems, PLC's, instrumentation, variable speed AC and DC drives.
- Design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications for electrical and electronic based systems.
- Work with the maintenance planner to schedule electrical projects.
- Develop clear and concise operator instruction manuals.
Controls Engineer Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Controls Engineers?
Skills in Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) / Automation, Controls, Human-Machine Interface (HMI), Engineering Design and Distributed Control Systems (DCS) are correlated to pay that is above average.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Controls Engineer in their job title in Minneapolis, Minnesota earn an average of 6.2% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Detroit, Michigan (5.0% more) and Atlanta, Georgia (3.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Grand Rapids, Michigan (13.8% less), Chicago, Illinois (8.3% less) and St. Louis, Missouri (6.9% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.
More Cities for Controls Engineer