The average salary for a Late-Career Controls Engineer in Orlando, Florida is $90,000.
Is Controls Engineer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$85k - $105k
$85k - $105k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Controls Engineer
Controls engineers work with rapidly evolving technologies and control systems; they can be involved in a wide number of projects from space flight to power grids. Responsibilities for this job can include developing and executing regular engineering processes, documenting work performed, working with program design and testing, and troubleshooting. Controls engineers must be able to understand and use policies and procedures that are related to the field. In many positions, the controls engin…Read more
Controls Engineer Tasks
- Plan and perform work requiring electronic and mechanical theories and principles, and writing specifications.
- Manage the design and installation of electrical equipment including electrical power distribution systems, PLC's, instrumentation, variable speed AC and DC drives.
- Design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications for electrical and electronic based systems.
- Work with the maintenance planner to schedule electrical projects.
- Develop clear and concise operator instruction manuals.
Controls Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay by Experience Level for Controls Engineer
An early career Controls Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $65,002 based on 18 salaries. A mid-career Controls Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $82,982 based on 9 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Controls Engineer in their job title in Houston, Texas earn an average of 35.2% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Chicago, Illinois (16.0% more) and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (12.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Cleveland, Ohio (4.5% less) and Cincinnati, Ohio (1.1% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 27 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$53k - $98k
$60k - $125k
$48k - $111k
$28k - $55k
$57k - $110k
$51k - $97k
$50k - $104k
$83k - $153k
$42k - $84k
$50k - $98k