The average salary for a Controls Engineer with Engineering Design skills in Auburn Hills, Michigan is $78,148.
Is Controls Engineer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$71k - $103k
$2k - $6k
$62k - $128k
Find your market worth – how it works:
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education
Find your market worth with a report tailored to you
Negotiate your pay with confidence
Job Description for Controls Engineer
Controls engineers work with rapidly evolving technologies and control systems; they can be involved in a wide number of projects from space flight to power grids. Responsibilities for this job can include developing and executing regular engineering processes, documenting work performed, working with program design and testing, and troubleshooting. Controls engineers must be able to understand and use policies and procedures that are related to the field. In many positions, the controls engin…Read more
Controls Engineer Tasks
- Plan and perform work requiring electronic and mechanical theories and principles, and writing specifications.
- Manage the design and installation of electrical equipment including electrical power distribution systems, PLC's, instrumentation, variable speed AC and DC drives.
- Design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications for electrical and electronic based systems.
- Work with the maintenance planner to schedule electrical projects.
- Develop clear and concise operator instruction manuals.
Controls Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Controls Engineer
Skills in Controls are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Project Management, Robotics, Human-Machine Interface (HMI) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) / Automation.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Controls Engineer in their job title in Houston, Texas earn an average of 24.9% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Detroit, Michigan (8.8% more) and St. Louis, Missouri (3.1% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Grand Rapids, Michigan (3.7% less), Denver, Colorado (2.4% less) and Chicago, Illinois (1.7% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 12 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$53k - $98k
$61k - $125k
$48k - $112k
$29k - $55k
$58k - $110k
$52k - $97k
$50k - $104k
$84k - $154k
$42k - $84k
$50k - $98k