The average salary for a Controls Engineer with Controls skills at Wunderlich-Malec is $88,646.
Is Controls Engineer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$84k - $105k
$0 - $18k
$0 - $8k
$92k - $122k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Controls Engineer
Controls engineers work with rapidly evolving technologies and control systems; they can be involved in a wide number of projects from space flight to power grids. Responsibilities for this job can include developing and executing regular engineering processes, documenting work performed, working with program design and testing, and troubleshooting. Controls engineers must be able to understand and use policies and procedures that are related to the field. In many positions, the controls engin…Read more
Controls Engineer Tasks
- Plan and perform work requiring electronic and mechanical theories and principles, and writing specifications.
- Manage the design and installation of electrical equipment including electrical power distribution systems, PLC's, instrumentation, variable speed AC and DC drives.
- Design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications for electrical and electronic based systems.
- Work with the maintenance planner to schedule electrical projects.
- Develop clear and concise operator instruction manuals.
Popular Employer Salaries for Controls Engineer
The top respondents for the job title Controls Engineer are from the companies General Motors Corporation, General Electric Co (GE) and Ford Motor Company. Reported salaries are highest at Tesla Motors where the average pay is $95,000. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include General Motors Corporation and Ford Motor Company, earning around $87,282 and $84,665, respectively. Johnson Controls Inc pays the lowest at around $66,804. Barry-Wehmiller Design Group, Inc. and Cummins, Inc. also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying $71,628 and $71,686, respectively.
Controls Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Controls Engineer
Skills that pay less than market rate include Engineering Design, Human-Machine Interface (HMI) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) / Automation.
Related Job Salaries
$53k - $98k
$60k - $125k
$48k - $111k
$28k - $55k
$57k - $110k
$51k - $97k
$50k - $104k
$83k - $153k
$42k - $84k
$50k - $98k