Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Corporate Paralegal is $66,630
What Do Corporate Paralegals Do?
Many large companies have a legal department staffed by attorneys who help ensure that the organization’s business, selling, and hiring practices all adhere to laws. These departments also represent the company in the event of any legal actions. A corporate paralegal typically works in this legal department to assist the attorneys with a variety of tasks.
Usually, the paralegal assumes office administrative tasks such as document drafting and categorization. The paralegal also helps perform …Read more
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions and legal articles, codes and documents.
- Prepare affidavits or other documents, maintain document file and file pleadings with court clerk.
- Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, appeals, wills, contracts and real estate closing statements.
- Investigate facts and law of cases to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
- Assist lawyers by researching legal precedent, investigating facts or preparing legal documents.