Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Custodian Janitor is $12.34
What Do Custodian Janitors Do?
A janitor is an often underappreciated but crucial role in almost any environment. Your role is to maintain a clean working environment, provide supplies that are needed, and ensure the operation of many of the inner workings of a building. He or she is responsible for both daily cleaning of hallways, rooms, bathrooms, and many other areas, in addition to handling any accidents that may occur throughout the day.
You can work in any number of settings. Many custodian janitors are needed in …Read more
- Perform general cleaning, light floor care and special event set ups.
- Collect and remove trash and recyclables.
- Clean rest room facilities and replenish supplies.
- Clean assigned areas including furniture, telephones, fixtures, walls, windows, window sills, blinds and vents.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum all area floors, rest rooms and break areas.