Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Custodian Janitor is $12.02
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Custodian Janitors?
An entry-level Custodian Janitor with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $10.90 based on 20 salaries. An early career Custodian Janitor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $11.38 based on 204 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Custodian Janitors Do?
A janitor is an often underappreciated but crucial role in almost any environment. Your role is to maintain a clean working environment, provide supplies that are needed, and ensure the operation of many of the inner workings of a building. He or she is responsible for both daily cleaning of hallways, rooms, bathrooms, and many other areas, in addition to handling any accidents that may occur throughout the day.
You can work in any number of settings. Many custodian janitors are needed in …Read more
- Perform general cleaning, light floor care and special event set ups.
- Collect and remove trash and recyclables.
- Clean rest room facilities and replenish supplies.
- Clean assigned areas including furniture, telephones, fixtures, walls, windows, window sills, blinds and vents.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum all area floors, rest rooms and break areas.