Data Manager in Seattle Salary
A Data Manager in Seattle, Washington earns an average salary of $62,307 per year.
Job Description for Data Manager
Data managers are responsible for handling database systems, and they develop policies, ideas, procedures, and (as needed) assign tasks to other employees. Data managers interact with a number of individuals within the company, from data entry clerks to corporate executives. Their responsibilities typically include supervising assistants in data management, supervising data collection systems, managing data entry, ensuring data system is operational, troubleshooting data submission errors, preparing data reports, and overseeing general activity involving data.Read More...
If the data manager finds themselves employed at a larger company, they can also expect to manage large volumes of data; this may include both unstructured and structured data, typically amounting in terabytes or more of data. Another to crucial skill for data managers is the ability to understand and uphold privacy laws - as well as standards set by the company and/or government - since there are situations in which data managers handle sensitive information and procedures. Data managers can expect to work in an office environment during regular business hours.
Experience requirements vary by company. Typically, organizations require at least three to five years' experience in data management. A bachelor's degree in a relevant field is generally required as well. (Copyright 2017 PayScale.com)
Data Manager Tasks
- Develop and manage computerized databases appropriate to the design of various research studies.
- Assist with descriptive and exploratory statistical analyses.
- Design and maintain management reports on the databases for various research studies.
- Assist in the entry of research data into computerized databases.
- Perform data management and all aspects of quality assurance for multiple research studies.
Data Manager Job Listings
Key Stats for Data Manager