Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Database Manager is $58,588
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Database Managers?
An entry-level Database Manager with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $50,980 based on 18 salaries. An early career Database Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $50,670 based on 188 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Database Managers Do?
Database managers serve as an essential part of the management of large databases. They typically manage many projects and help with the design and physical implementation of storage hardware and maintenance. Database managers specialize in the diagnosis and repair of problems that occur in databases. They may work with various types of databases that use software such as MySQL and Oracle.
The allocation of resources is important as a database manager because there can potentially be shifts …Read more
- Participate in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality.
- Review business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Coordinate new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Analyze and determine information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.