Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Dog Groomer is $10.48
What Do Dog Groomers Do?
A dog groomer performs grooming- and hygiene-related duties such as giving haircuts to animals, as well as shampooing, combing, and styling fur. Other duties that the dog groomer may perform include teeth and ear cleaning and nail cutting. The dog groomer needs to provide high-quality customer service to a diverse range of dog owners, helping maintain and gain clients. Attention to detail is key to perform satisfactory grooming at it relates to styles and cuts for different breeds. Besides …Read more
- Interact with clients to identify services and set expectations.
- Identify health problems and notify owners in a respectful manner.
- Maintain records on all pets and clients, including services supplied.
- Follow directions to appropriately use equipment and supplies.
- Work with dogs to complete grooming tasks, relieving anxiety and meeting schedules.
FAQs About Dog Groomers
What is the highest pay for Dog Groomers in Los Angeles?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Dog Groomer in Los Angeles is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Dog Groomers in Los Angeles?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Dog Groomer in Los Angeles is $NaN / hour
How can Dog Groomers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Dog Groomer is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Dog Groomer that oversees more junior Dog Groomers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.