Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Dog Groomer is $12.66
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Dog Groomers?
An entry-level Dog Groomer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $10.86 based on 19 salaries. An early career Dog Groomer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $11.89 based on 176 salaries. A mid-career Dog …Read more
What Do Dog Groomers Do?
A dog groomer performs grooming- and hygiene-related duties such as giving haircuts to animals, as well as shampooing, combing, and styling fur. Other duties that the dog groomer may perform include teeth and ear cleaning and nail cutting. The dog groomer needs to provide high-quality customer service to a diverse range of dog owners, helping maintain and gain clients. Attention to detail is key to perform satisfactory grooming at it relates to styles and cuts for different breeds. Besides …Read more
- Interact with clients to identify services and set expectations.
- Identify health problems and notify owners in a respectful manner.
- Maintain records on all pets and clients, including services supplied.
- Follow directions to appropriately use equipment and supplies.
- Work with dogs to complete grooming tasks, relieving anxiety and meeting schedules.