The average hourly pay for a Drafter is $20.48.
$16 - $28
$750 - $3,500
$32,981 - $70,271
Find your market worth – how it works:
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education
Find your market worth with a report tailored to you
Negotiate your pay with confidence
Job Description for Drafter
Drafters are responsible for creating practical drawings and schematics based on concepts from architects or designers in engineering or construction. They often work with crews or production engineers in the building and creation process to create detailed, intricate drawings which show scale and measurements; many use computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) software to achieve the best results. Drafters typically choose to specialize in a field such as architectural drafting, civil drafting,…Read more
- Accurately post closed work orders to the master design files.
- Review engineering drawings and supporting documentation to verify adherence to standard practices.
- Prepare layouts, drawings and designs according to engineering specifications using software.
- Log work orders into database and distribute and file work order folders daily.
- Coordinate work order process with construction supervisors, engineers and property accounting.
Job Satisfaction for Drafter
Drafter Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Drafter
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills that pay less than market rate include SolidWorks, Autodesk Revit MEP, Computer Aided Drafting & Design (CADD), Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Autodesk AutoCAD.
Pay by Experience Level for Drafter
An early career Drafter with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $19.00 based on 17 salaries. A mid-career Drafter with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $19.40 based on 12 salaries. An experienced Drafter with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $24.15 based on 8 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 37 survey responses.