Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Drafter is $20.23
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Drafters?
An early career Drafter with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $19.74 based on 22 salaries. A mid-career Drafter with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $19.40 based on 15 salaries. An experienced Drafter with 10-19 years of …Read more
What Do Drafters Do?
Drafters are responsible for creating practical drawings and schematics based on concepts from architects or designers in engineering or construction. They often work with crews or production engineers in the building and creation process to create detailed, intricate drawings which show scale and measurements; many use computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) software to achieve the best results. Drafters typically choose to specialize in a field such as architectural drafting, civil …Read more
- Accurately post closed work orders to the master design files.
- Review engineering drawings and supporting documentation to verify adherence to standard practices.
- Prepare layouts, drawings and designs according to engineering specifications using software.
- Log work orders into database and distribute and file work order folders daily.
- Coordinate work order process with construction supervisors, engineers and property accounting.