Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Driller is $20.66
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Drillers?
An entry-level Driller with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.43 based on 16 salaries. An early career Driller with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $17.93 based on 110 salaries. A mid-career Driller with 5-9 …Read more
What Do Drillers Do?
"Driller" can refer to many different positions, but it generally includes physical work in a construction or oil rig environment. Educational requirements for these positions generally do not exist, but some may require a high school degree or equivalent. Work history requirements vary from position to position, as some are open to entry-level candidates that must be trained, while others require experience with and knowledge of relevant tools. Some certifications or licenses may be required …Read more
- Operate machinery to drill and install wells.
- Use mapping and sonar instruments to identify where to place wells.
- Participate in safety programs.
- Take steps for remediation, including adding chemicals and repairing equipment.
- Monitor wells, record measurements, and observe the site.