What Do Electric Power Technicians Do?
Electric power technicians construct and maintain mechanisms used in electrical power generation, power transmission, and power distribution. They also maintain and repair power generators, electrical transformers, power converters, and circuit breakers. They control and monitor voltage related to their employer’s power plants.
They must document installation procedures and repairs. They must have good computer skills, since they must maintain or adjust power levels by using high-technolog…Read more
- Inspect electrical systems and equipment, parts, and tools, to identify and solve problems.
- Follow safety procedures and ensure a safe work site.
- Advise engineers on tolerances, construction needs, and safety.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data to determine the source of problems.
- Update parts inventory and orders and log system status.