Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Electrical Designer is $54,000
What Do Electrical Designers Do?
Electrical designers are in charge of creating electrical schematics, layouts, and other grid plans for their organization. They must develop effective, safe electrical diagrams, provide assistance in the installation of equipment and systems, and perform design computations using their engineering skills. Additionally, electrical designers prepare drawing packages that support building code specifications, participate in staff meeting to oversee planning methods, and review project needs to …Read more
- Retrieve and review all customer specification documents, vendor quotes, drawings and diagrams for creating electrical designs for customer.
- Revise drawings and designs based on change orders and customer requests.
- Perform calculations in preparation for designing products.
- Confer with engineers and design staff to interpret design concepts.
- Review all applicable documentation and company procedural manuals to determine critical attributes of design.