The average hourly pay for an Electrical Inspector is $28.10.
Is Electrical Inspector your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$17 - $43
$514 - $3,931
$36,299 - $103,524
Find your market worth – how it works:
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education
Find your market worth with a report tailored to you
Negotiate your pay with confidence
Electrical inspectors are responsible for facilitating the supervision of electrical projects, ensuring that facilities are up-to-code, troubleshooting, and conducting electrical tests and inspections. They follow specific manuals to conduct their evaluations, create detailed reports based on their observations, and generally report their progress to a supervisor. Electrical inspectors often work in team environments with other inspectors and share electrical and code specifications, while some…Read more
Electrical Inspector Tasks
- Make technical inspections of the installation of new electrical systems or modification of old electrical wiring systems, motors, equipment and related electrically operated apparatus.
- Conduct field inspections of signs erected for compliance with electrical codes.
- Inspect all work upon completion and sign permits giving final approval for the county that the work is safe for life and property.
- Check each project for defects, omissions, violations, and other departures from correct procedures; issues notice of non-compliance where work is not correct, and directs to the attention of the Chief Electrical Inspector.
- Ensure that all electrical work conforms to adopted electrical codes as installed.
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills in Commercial Building Inspection, Microsoft Word, Construction Site Inspection and Residential are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Microsoft Office.
An entry-level Electrical Inspector with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $25.35 based on 6 salaries. An early career Electrical Inspector with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $24.91 based on 40 salaries. A mid-career Electrical Inspector with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $27.02 based on 28 salaries. An experienced Electrical Inspector with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $27.64 based on 59 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $30.
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Electrical Inspector in their job title in Seattle, Washington earn an average of 112.7% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in New York, New York (99.3% more) and San Diego, California (46.5% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Denver, Colorado (2.8% less).
This data is based on 208 survey responses.