Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Electrical Inspector is $28.37
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Electrical Inspectors?
An entry-level Electrical Inspector with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $25.16 based on 6 salaries. An early career Electrical Inspector with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $25.16 based on 30 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Electrical Inspectors Do?
Electrical inspectors are responsible for facilitating the supervision of electrical projects, ensuring that facilities are up-to-code, troubleshooting, and conducting electrical tests and inspections. They follow specific manuals to conduct their evaluations, create detailed reports based on their observations, and generally report their progress to a supervisor.
Electrical inspectors often work in team environments with other inspectors and share electrical and code specifications, while …Read more
- Make technical inspections of the installation of new electrical systems or modification of old electrical wiring systems, motors, equipment and related electrically operated apparatus.
- Conduct field inspections of signs erected for compliance with electrical codes.
- Inspect all work upon completion and sign permits giving final approval for the county that the work is safe for life and property.
- Check each project for defects, omissions, violations, and other departures from correct procedures; issues notice of non-compliance where work is not correct, and directs to the attention of the Chief Electrical Inspector.
- Ensure that all electrical work conforms to adopted electrical codes as installed.