Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Electrician Assistant is $14.51
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Electrician Assistants?
An entry-level Electrician Assistant with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $14.52 based on 8 salaries. An early career Electrician Assistant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $13.41 based on 29 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Electrician Assistants Do?
Electrician assistants are often employed by utility companies and local city governments. Most employers do not require any formal education, though some may prefer applicants who have a high school diploma. Prior experience is not always necessary, but some employers prefer candidates who have at least one year of experience in commercial or industrial electricity. Many employers offer training on-the-job, as well.
Electrician assistants should hold a valid driver's license and be familiar …Read more
- Install and modify wiring by measuring, cutting, and drilling holes for safe, reliable placement.
- Log activities and test results.
- Prepare materials, clean work areas, and track supplies and inventory.
- Use equipment like ohmmeters, voltmeters or oscilloscopes to test and troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Plan layout and installation of wiring and fixtures, under supervision.