Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Elevator Mechanic is $36.13
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Elevator Mechanics?
An entry-level Elevator Mechanic with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $22.21 based on 26 salaries. An early career Elevator Mechanic with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $26.96 based on 183 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Elevator Mechanics Do?
Elevator mechanics are responsible for repairing elevators when they are out of service and carrying out routine maintenance in order to prevent breakdowns from occurring, as well as replacing parts of elevators when necessary. The ability to use hand and power tools is important, and the job may occasionally involve high pressure in emergency situations. Strong problem-solving skills are also important in order to identify and troubleshoot problems, such as in brakes, switches, motors, or …Read more
- Perform repairs and maintenance on elevators, escalators, dumb waiters and lifts.
- Provide supervisor with repair, inspection test and preventative maintenance reports.
- Operate tools and equipment common to the elevator trade, such as voltammeter, amp probe, meggars, tachometer, and more.
- Respond to call-back/trouble calls in a timely manner, and restore equipment to a safe operating condition.
- Inspect and perform scheduled preventative maintenance in elevators, escalators, lifts, and related components.