Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Engineer, Hydraulic is $70,246
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Engineer, Hydraulics?
An entry-level Engineer, Hydraulic with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $59,703 based on 17 salaries. An early career Engineer, Hydraulic with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $64,503 based on 71 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Engineer, Hydraulics Do?
A hydraulic engineer is a specialized civil engineer who works with issues concerning the flow of water and other liquids. They are employed primarily to work on bridges and dams and at hydraulic power plants, and there are also mechanical engineering applications, including heavy machinery, cooling systems, and turbines, which require their expertise. They are also important to environmental management and city-planning needs.
Generally, those in this position are concerned with analyzing and …Read more
- Design and test hydraulic systems, their controls and associated products.
- Identify, analyze and suggest strategies to resolve problems and concerns.
- Establish timelines, schedules and materials needs to deliver projects.
- Document specifications and feasibility, including site-specific and integrated components.
- Design, develop, oversee execution, test and confirm performance for hydraulic projects.