Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Engineering Design Supervisor is $67,100
What Do Engineering Design Supervisors Do?
Engineering design supervisors are responsible for supervising engineering designs and ensuring that they meet all project requirements. They are generally in charge of reviewing production specifications, modifying equipment settings, and facilitating design concepts.
Those in this position should be well-organized and pay close attention to detail when supervising designs to avoid errors before shipping and distributing final products. They must work well with other managers to share …Read more
- Coordinate the schedule and production of drawings, and incorporate them into existing drafting systems.
- Develop the team, foster, and exemplify a collaborative atmosphere, and evaluate performance.
- Oversee and monitor engineers and draft persons during engineering, design, and drafting phases.
- Enforce and ensure compliance with industry codes, project requirements, and safety regulations.
- Compile and report on process safety information for each project drawing.