Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager is $66,466
What Do Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Managers Do?
An environmental health and safety manager helps a company to realize risks and to prevent them from coming to realization. The manager will take objective evaluations of the various departments within the company to make sure that employees are adhering to safety standards. The safety policy must be perused to recognize weaknesses. Changes may be suggested by the manager to minimize safety risks.
It is also important to ensure that the facility is not causing a detrimental effect on the …Read more
- Direct a proactive safety and environmental program.
- Improve the quality of safety and environmental management processes following established regulations, policies, standards, and practices.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental programs.
- Educate, train, and provide support to operations in the development and execution of consistent safety and environmental management programs.
- Direct accident investigation programs, develop accident trends, and develop programs for improving performance.