Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Equity Analyst is $82,218
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Equity Analysts?
An entry-level Equity Analyst with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $59,413 based on 12 salaries. An early career Equity Analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $75,425 based on 55 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Equity Analysts Do?
An equity analyst oversees a company's investments, tracking investment data and making recommendations to managers. The nature of these investments vary from industry to industry, but could include real estate, stocks, or material goods. An equity analyst must analyze market trends, identify investments that hold good return-on-investment potential, and ensure that current investments are performing as desired. These investments may be spread over a wide company portfolio, and an equity …Read more
- Manage upside/downside price targets with the portfolio manager.
- Perform technical analysis and charting, volume trends, liquidity analysis of trading volumes, short interest, days to cover.
- Perform due diligence on current positions including valuation analysis, industry research and company specific fundamental analysis.
- Analyze company valuation models, cash flow/income/balance sheets and earnings.
- Work with Portfolio Manager to ensure best execution of trades.