The average hourly pay for a Fabricator in Grand Rapids, Michigan is $13.75.
Is Fabricator your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$11 - $22
$0 - $1,000
$28,230 - $48,674
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Fabricator
Fabricating is the act of creating metal structures. There are many tasks that are part of the fabricator's work, including cutting, grinding, welding, and assembling these structures. Often fabricators work on assembly lines, but many jobs also include metal fabrication tasks such as blacksmithing and ironworking. The first step in the fabrication process is to cut the metal by using manual cutters such as a chisel or saw, torching metal with handheld torches, or using numerical control cutte…Read more
- Perform various fabrication techniques such as saw, sand, polish, glue, seam and cut.
- Perform minor machine maintenance.
- Set stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule or template.
- Measure work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Read job specification to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
Fabricator Job Listings
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Fabricator in their job title in New York, New York earn an average of 74.5% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Houston, Texas (59.9% more) and Seattle, Washington (48.7% more).