Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Fabricator is $19.77
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Fabricators?
An early career Fabricator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $18.00 based on 6 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $27.
What Do Fabricators Do?
Fabricating is the act of creating metal structures. There are many tasks that are part of the fabricator's work, including cutting, grinding, welding, and assembling these structures. Often fabricators work on assembly lines, but many jobs also include metal fabrication tasks such as blacksmithing and ironworking.
The first step in the fabrication process is to cut the metal by using manual cutters such as a chisel or saw, torching metal with handheld torches, or using numerical control …Read more
- Perform various fabrication techniques such as saw, sand, polish, glue, seam and cut.
- Perform minor machine maintenance.
- Set stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule or template.
- Measure work piece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Read job specification to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.