Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Family Law Attorney is $76,140
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Family Law Attorneys?
An entry-level Family Law Attorney with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $58,959 based on 21 salaries. An early career Family Law Attorney with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $71,305 based on 77 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Family Law Attorneys Do?
The field of family law is expansive, including areas such as custody, divorce, and adoption. The family law attorney is the professional hired to help guide clients through their cases and help achieve an optimal resolution through a settlement process or as their representative in court as they argue the case before a family court judge. Some family lawyers handle all, or many, kinds of family law cases, while others may tend to focus primarily, or even exclusively, on one aspect of family …Read more
- Provide representation for client in court in legal cases as pertains to family law.
- Advise staff on legal matters and interprets laws, regulations, and policies.
- Interact routinely with caseworkers, supervisors, program directors and program administrators.
- Monitor the progress of court cases within the assigned area of responsibility and take appropriate measures.
- Provide expertise, guidance and instruction in family law, civil litigation, probate law, guardianship law, elder law and agency policy.