Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Fire Sprinkler Designer is $21.92
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Fire Sprinkler Designers?
An entry-level Fire Sprinkler Designer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $18.19 based on 25 salaries. An early career Fire Sprinkler Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $20.29 based on 274 …Read more
What Do Fire Sprinkler Designers Do?
Fire sprinklers serve as vital safety features in large buildings by activating immediately when unusual fire or heat are sensed. They are so ubiquitous that most people don't notice them, nor do they comprehend how much work goes into their design and installation. Fire sprinkler designers are responsible for the implementation of these systems in both commercial and residential environments.
Those in this position begin by visiting a building or construction site to examine the blueprints …Read more
- Design fire protection sprinkler systems with accuracy and detail to enable field installation with few design errors.
- Submit design plans to proper department leadership for approval and obtain permits as required.
- Calculate figures to convert design dimensions to resizing dimensions specified for subsequent production.
- Design fire protection sprinkler systems within allocated hours for each job.
- Review work order and procedural manuals to determine critical dimensions of design.