The average hourly pay for a Flight Attendant at Delta Air Lines Inc in Detroit, Michigan is $26.25.
Is Flight Attendant your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$0 - $26
$0 - $3,400
$33,100 - $106,840
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Flight Attendant
Flight attendants help assure the comfort and safety of airplane passengers. They provide food and beverage service on many flights. They also instruct passengers about safety measures before and during flight operations. Flight attendants act as customer service contacts with travelers, answering questions about rewards programs and handling complaints. Finally, the attendants serve an important security role by observing passenger behavior and reporting and handling any problems they encounter…Read more
Flight Attendant Tasks
- Greet fliers, accept tickets, assist with luggage, and direct passengers to their seats.
- Keep the passenger area hygienic and in keeping with appearance standards.
- Make announcements, answer questions, and resolve emergent problems.
- Serve and/or sell meals, beverages and in-flight entertainment.
- Provide safety overviews to all passengers, particularly the exit rows.
Explore the most common career paths for Flight Attendant. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Flight Attendant Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Employees with Flight Attendant in their job title in New York, New York earn an average of 28.6% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Atlanta, Georgia (14.3% more).