Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Flight Attendant is $27.21
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Flight Attendants?
An entry-level Flight Attendant with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $20.64 based on 104 salaries. An early career Flight Attendant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $22.16 based on 193 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Flight Attendants Do?
Flight attendants help assure the comfort and safety of airplane passengers. They provide food and beverage service on many flights. They also instruct passengers about safety measures before and during flight operations. Flight attendants act as customer service contacts with travelers, answering questions about rewards programs and handling complaints. Finally, the attendants serve an important security role by observing passenger behavior and reporting and handling any problems they …Read more
- Greet fliers, accept tickets, assist with luggage, and direct passengers to their seats.
- Keep the passenger area hygienic and in keeping with appearance standards.
- Make announcements, answer questions, and resolve emergent problems.
- Serve and/or sell meals, beverages and in-flight entertainment.
- Provide safety overviews to all passengers, particularly the exit rows.